“My team and I are excited to continue the great work of our House as part of the Ronald McDonald House Charities UK network. With our combined experience of over 58 years of supporting families, bringing our teams together, sharing our expertise and pooling our resources will ensure we can continue providing a ‘home away from home’ for as long as families need one.” – Lynne Wright, Operations Manager at Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey.
'Mac House' joins our family
April 28, 2022
Joining our Charity gives Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey further access to resource, expertise, funding, and financial savings, helping the House to respond to increasing demands and better able to plan for the future.
Currently, the House supports over 2,000 families per year and come from many different areas, with the majority being from Cheshire, Merseyside, Manchester, and Wales.
Alder Hey House is the largest Ronald McDonald House in Europe with 84 bedrooms including 15 self-contained apartments for long-term families.
All 84 en-suite bedrooms are able to accommodate up to four people and feature homely amenities such as televisions, telephones and kettles.
“We are delighted that Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey has joined the Ronald McDonald House Charities UK family. Our Houses offer support and a safe place, just a stone’s throw away from the children’s wards, as families experience the toughest time of their lives. We look forward to ensuring this service continues at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital for the next 30 years and beyond.”Jon Haward, Executive Director at Ronald McDonald House Charities UK.
Our Charity was fundamental in the setting up of Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey in 1993, donating nearly £1 million towards the construction of the House. At the time, the Charity was helping to fund and set up Houses, but not actively running the day-to-day operations, so a locally-based charity was established to run Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey.
About Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey
- Affectionately known locally as ‘Mac House’, Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey has 84 bedrooms providing free ‘home away from home’ accommodation to families with children in Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.
- Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey opened in 1993 and is the largest Ronald McDonald House in Europe.
- The running costs each year are close to £750,000.
- Every year more than 2,000 families come through the doors.
- Ronald McDonald House Alder Hey is the thirteenth House run by Ronald McDonald House Charities UK.