Let's have a Virtual TEAgether with Ronald McDonald House Charities UK
Have a virtual Get TEAgether and support families to be together.
Each year over 6,ooo families rely on us for accommodation to be together while their sick child is being treated at a specialist NHS hospital.
Now, more than ever, it’s so important to keep in touch with each other, and what better way than to host a virtual TEAgether with friends and family!
With most of us at home, it’s important to keep in touch with loved ones, friends and colleagues. So we’re asking people to make time each day, or whenever you can to set aside time to maintain those all important connections and donate the price of your normal cuppa.
How to Virtually Get TEAgether
- Invite friends, family and colleagues to join your virtual Chat online through a video call or set up a WhatsApp group. You can use Zoom/Microsoft Teams/Facebook/ Skype to chat to those attending. Or simply by telephone.
- Try to make the event feel like the real thing. Dig out your best mug and make sure there’s cake or biscuits to hand as you countdown to your TEAgether.
- Encourage everyone to donate the amount you’d normally spend on your favourite beverage to the fundraising JustGiving page (after all filling your own kettle is a lot cheaper!) and support families who need to be near their seriously ill child in hospital. If everyone donated £2 or £3 each time it will soon add up and help immensely.
- Why not include some virtual games during your event too e.g. quiz or crafts – just ask everyone to give a suggested donation to take part.
- After the event, show lots of love and appreciation to everyone who joined you at your virtual tea break by thanking them. Don’t forget to share photos of your virtual tea break on social media using the hashtags.
We have produced a leaflet for putting on a Virtual TEAgether, with some ideas that will make it fun and entertaining for all attendees. Download your Virtual TEAgether Leaflet.
Also we would love to know if you are planning a Virtual TEAgether event so please do email us details of what you are planning to: firstname.lastname@example.org