Virtually visit our Ronald McDonald Houses by travelling 1,000 kilometres on your bike, by foot (or any way you like)!
Move your fitness up a gear!
This summer, take on our House-to-House Challenge. In August and September, jump on your exercise bike at home, or take your bike out with family and friends in the great outdoors. We’ve teamed up with My Virtual Mission to help track your kilometres and by signing up you’re helping us to support families with seriously ill children in hospital. Click the Register button to get started.
What is the House-to-House Challenge?
Virtually travel between our Ronald McDonald Houses and cover 1,000 kilometres.
Run over August and September, you can complete the Challenge indoors or outdoors and race at your own pace. We’ve teamed up with My Virtual Mission so you can log your virtual activities and see where you are on our virtual map as you go!
And if you don’t want to cycle, do it your way – swim, walk, jog; the choice is yours… just make sure it’s safe and in accordance with the current Government social distancing rules!
Every £25 you raise means we can provide accommodation and support for one family for one night.
This year has brought us many challenges, but we’ve managed to keep the majority of our Houses open. Coronavirus has ‘cancelled’ many of our planned events and with it, much of our income.
To safeguard our future, we need your help now – please get involved and take on our House-to-House Challenge.
How does the House-to-House Challenge work?
- 1,000 kilometres split into ‘legs’, each covering the distance from one of our Ronald McDonald Houses to the next;
- Complete the 1,000-kilometre distance virtually, at home in your garden or on the open road between 1 August to 30 September;
- Register as an individual or as part of a team on the My Virtual Mission website* so you can follow your progress and see how you’re doing against others
- Set up a JustGiving Page and ask colleagues, friends and family to support you (each £25 you raise means we can give a family one night’s accommodation and support completely free, in our of our 11 Houses).
- Start the Challenge!
Each participant will be asked to pay £15 registration fee, which covers the set up and management costs. We are not setting targets for your fundraising for this challenge. However, you might want to set your own, to help you to focus on reaching the 1,000kms.
You’ll be able to link your personal fitness tracker or upload your distances to My Virtual Mission. And as you clock up the kilometres, you’ll see your progress on our House-to-House Challenge map (as well as your virtual competitors!)
When you “reach” each House, you will be greeted personally by that House team and they’ll tell you about the House and how they help families with children in the hospital just minutes away.
We’ll also send you gifts to give your fundraising a boost and a Certificate so you know not just how many kilometres you travelled, but how many Houses you reached and how many nights’ support for families you have personally fundraised:
- £100+ Receive a RMHC medal to commemorate your achievements
- £250+ Receive a RMHC water bottle to keep hydrated whilst exercising
- £500+ Receive a RMHC technical cycling jersey or running top
* There is a registration fee of £15, payable when you sign up to My Virtual Mission. This covers the cost for us to manage the Challenge on your behalf, as well as the set up costs.